Saturday, March 07, 2020

There is no birth of consciousness without pain.
~ Carl Jung


It would be wrong not to post about BTS's latest comeback...
because this is officially my favourite BTS video ever!!! (for various reasons)
And in many ways, I've come to really love and appreciate
the Map of the Soul series so much, even more so than the Love Yourself series.


 
 
Before this, my favourite BTS MVs were Spring Day and Serendipity
(which are just gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous):
 
This was one of the most amazing scenes in Spring Day;
I absolutely love this and still use Spring Day scenery as my phone background.
 
 
Serendipity had this simple yellow against blue motif,
with pure skies and minimalist photo composition;
oh my heart aches at the beauty of these shots:
 
 
 
And then, the ON official video came around and offered all these
fantasy/period-themed scenery that floored me;
it's unbelievable the way BTS continues to impress me
(from my early days of stumbling onto Dope
and then gradually falling down the fandom rabbithole, haha).
 
Look at this... it's like a movie!
There are so many possible references (and I like them all, ahah)
like Lion King obviously (Pride Rock!),
and Maze Runner, and people say biblical references.
 
It's just -- guhhhhhh.
Fans await BTS music videos like we wait for movie releases, okay.
 




 
And I have to add this screenshot here,
because I'd never seen a youtube comment get so many likes hahaha,
and gossssshhhh. A celebrity playing along now with within-fandom jokes,
and he used a purple heart! omg, so adorable, and a true fan.
 


I posted that Carl Jung quote above as an opening first, because if you're at all clued in, Jung's theories and archetypes are all over BTS's albums now. And I utterly love ON, partly for the beautiful MV as expounded on above, but mainly because it's about Jung's concept of individuation, which I've been learning so much about the past couple of years. I don't know if BTS truly influenced me to go down this path of discovery, or I've always been predisposed to Jung and all psyche-related phenomena (I'd actually wanted to do psychology after A-levels and had attempted to read Jung even then), and BTS is just a synchronistic part of my journey. Either way, the synchronicity now resonates very pleasantly.

I was just posting yesterday about being in a cocoon of pain and needing to metamorphosize; the theme song to it should be ON -- Bring it, bring the pain oh yeah, Rain be pouring, sky keep falling...

BTS is deep, and totally my cup of tea.
I never knew I'd love a music group this much.




No comments: