Saturday, March 07, 2020

Needed to post this tonight, but wanted to separate it from the previous fangirling post :P


This is Rasulullah s.a.w.'s famous supplication at Taif,
which I've definitely posted here more than once before.
But like all things true and everlasting and sustaining,
will crop up as a repeated motif in life, to remind
and cleanse and rejuvenate, and insya Allah
bring you back, closer, to the Divine and to the Beloved.

Ya Allah, to You I complain of my weakness,
my lack of resources and my lowliness before men.
Oh, Most Merciful of those who show mercy!
You are the Lord of the weak and You are my Lord.
To whom will you relinquish my fate?
To one who will misuse me?
Or to an enemy to whom You have given power over me?
If You are not angry with me, I don't care what happens to me.
Your favour is all that counts for me.
I take refuge in the light of Your countenance,
by which all darkness is illuminated.
And the things of this world and the next are rightly ordered.
I wish to please You until You are pleased.
There is no power and no might, 
save in You.

- Rasulullah s.a.w.


Tonight we were discussing about the attribute of forbearance,
or hilm in Arabic, which was exemplified by the Prophet s.a.w..
Just thinking about how amazing this man was and how I suck in comparison
for all the times I couldn't stay humble about my self and all the times I let anger
get the better of me and being horrible to people, it made me want to cry and cry and cry and cry.

And yet, it's not a despairing cry; it's a cry-and-then-I-know, that if I release all my weakness to God,
what's left is but a clean emptiness that can only be surrendered upwards, insya Allah, for the bounties from God.

hasbunallah wa ni'mal wakil

đŸ’—

No comments: