Sunday, March 22, 2020

In the midst of these chaotic and uncertain times...
one must stay level-headed and zen.

Skill 19: Making Compassionate and Wise Decisions

Level 1:

I am able to make decisions that are compassionate toward myself. I am able to maintain a clear intention to develop and grow in spiritual intelligence, while simultaneously not berating myself for not yet being "perfectly enlightened".

Level 2:

I am able to be compassionate toward children, spouses, relatives, and friends who are not working on their own growth in a manner or speed I might wish they were. I am able to let these significant people in my life grow as they will, knowing that I don't really know what is the highest and best for every person.

Level 3:

I am able to be compassionate toward those who feel they are my enemy or who act to harm me. I set healthy boundaries around behaviours but don't hate the person who is acting out. I use power wisely, carefully -- and with loving intent.

Level 4:

Universal and Higher Self awareness is so strong that my decision-making process always factors in the pain and suffering of other beings. Yet I am not paralysed by this awareness. I take balanced actions that honour all beings.

Level 5:

Universal awareness and strong connection with Higher Self means that my inner guidance is strongly and clearly felt. With steady self-mastery, my inner guidance is translated into wise and compassionate action, which seems to flow through me from Source or Life or my Higher Power as I understand it.

No comments: