Sunday, November 26, 2017

really wanted to do this earlier but couldn't get the time;
awesome moments this past week that I want to keep:

* I was at coffeebean as per my usual -- in between therapy cases -- and about to buy my warm chocolate cake, and then the black-hijabed barista girl was like, Ohmygod, Kak Sham! And I had a freeze moment -- my brain went: um who? what. what's happening? I don't recognize this person, there are zero clues. hahah! It turned out she was one of my APEX girls I had taught years ago now, ohmygosh. She was also ohmygosh all about it, and how we hadn't seen each other for so long. She was so tiny when I saw her in school. Which made me feel old of course, except that she clarified she wasn't in her 20s yet ahah. And she was the sweetest thing cause she refused to let me pay for my drink and she took a snapchat of us (aduh, kanak-kanak zaman sekarang...). Then I finally sat down to my drink and cake and felt all happy inside. Because well, isn't it awesome to have taught such wonderful little souls and made some impact on their lives no matter how little. I got a free drink for starters!

* Book club members went over to Esplanade to support M's ensemble performance for the Singapore Lyric Opera Gala Night; and it was so lovely! I've really come to appreciate classical music in a way. Earlier this year as well, Datin S dragged me to a free SSO performance at Victoria Theatre. And I've come to realise that instead of it being possibly boring and lulling me to sleep, a pure musical performance can actually be engaging and even captivating. Anyway, we decided that we'd never been to anything more high-cultured before that night (haha!).

This famous piece called Carmen was one of the pieces performed and sung
(except without the actual acting and costumes):



* and then another awesome thing this weekend: I had therapy with A (my cousin's kid) as I have been over the past half-year or so, and I successfully made him have his lunch proper! He used to only eat oreo cookies, red velvet ice cream and often had to be (forced)fed meals. I conducted a SPOT session (the fussy eater clinic I was training for last year) all by myself and it worked and it's so amazing. I love being able to see the difference the little things actually make; he was eating from his spoon by himself, drinking from the cup by himself and ate carrots which he hated!!! Well, obviously he actually has little problem with eating and feeding iself, but just lacked the structures in place to make him have his meals proper. But even so! I was so happy. Not to mention that, he was most socially engaged with others during a meal and would copy words more often! Like "ready go!" and he copied "carrots!" I spent 2 hours with him in his house, and it's so much better than in a clinic for sure. (And I was actually like, ohmygod, I could earn a fortune if I charge for this hehe)

and lastly to end off, this
(which I heard from a speech by Tracee Ellis Ross,
an actress speaking out for all women):

I'm going to pay attention to the reality of my life and the audacity of my dreams
instead of the expectation of what I was raised with.

No comments: