Sunday, November 26, 2017

A repost of a (part of a) wonderful supplication and one of my eternal favourites; I've been in the habit of reposting lately:

O Allah! I ask that you give me from your presence such mercy that with it You will guide my heart, regulate my affairs, and put order into my disorder. And that You will fill me with perfect faith, and bestow on my outer, good deeds and You will render my deeds pure and sincere, and inspire me with a suitable way to gain Your Pleasure, and give me friends that will be familiar to me and protect me from all manner of evil.

O Allah! Fill my heart with light, and my grave with light; place light in front of me, and light behind me; place light on my right and light on my left; place light above me and light below me; place light in my ears and light in my eyes, and light in my hair and my skin and my flesh and my blood and my bones.

O Allah increase my light, give me such light that it is worth all of what  I have said and a light that will encompass everything that I could not say.

Glory be to the One Who is enveloped in dignity and Who has made Himself known by His Dignity. I glorify the One Who has enveloped Himself in greatness and Who, for this reason, continually offers extensive bounty to His slaves. I glorify the One Who is the only One worthy of glorification and holiness. I glorify the One Who possesses majesty and  beneficence. I glorify the One who possesses majesty and kindness. He is above all faults.

Amin.

No comments: