Saturday, July 15, 2017

It's been a while!

Here are some videos I've been watching:




Some thoughts:

This whole being the author of your own story -- I mostly agree, but I've felt in recent times that the analogy is slightly off. As I discussed with a friend the other day, we're not actually the author, we're only the protagonist. You have no control over the setting of your story, the characters of your story, and the plot twists of your life. And in so much as you are able to direct the movement of your plot as the protagonist, that's the extent of control you have in your life. Little, in reality. Or not very much, at least.

As the protagonist, you then start to understand that your role is being the best protagonist you can be; not to force your hand on fate. The plot twists are not up to you. You won't be able to help it if a war happens, or if someone you love dies or leaves, or if you contract a terminal disease. You just try living life as the best human you know how, no matter the weather, event, or music, and pray that your author treats his protagonist kindly (and thank God, we are not Lymond and Dunnett our writer, because how Lymond suffered). God is the writer of your story; your job is to change yourself, and God will change your condition, if He so wishes.

This is how I've learnt and am still learning to live life, with equanimity and peace, and insya Allah, with a fervor to be the best kind of protagonist I can be. Because, man, I love stories. And I certainly want to be the kind of protagonist I like.


And here, I finally watched Shaykh Hamza's talk 
when he was in Singapore a few months back! 
Apparently it was a public lecture (that obviously got snapped up in mere seconds, I bet) 
but I knew nothing of it. Breaks my heart 💔, I tell you.




Lastly,

when I need to destress and blank out, 
BTS cheers me up:



Hola! and bye.

No comments: