Sunday, July 23, 2017

I'm supposed to be an introvert and all, but sometimes my life appears to imply the opposite: the entire week, I was out and about either for work or social engagements and sleeping little. I was so exhausted and depleted that I finally and utterly crashed the whole of today. Slept the entire morning away, missing my Arabic exam, and now I'm finally spending a day proper at home, and couldn't muster any energy to get out of the house. Luckily, my scheduled events for the day (other than my missed exam, gah!) were cancelled.

Seriously, S, somehow, someday, something has got to give.

I have actually started a separate journal to reflect on my lifestyle, and work on my daily healthy and spiritual habits. Apparently, it takes an average of 66 days to develop a habit. Please, God, I have to learn to strike a balance.


Re-watched this movie today: He's Just Not That Into You.
I have decided it's one of my favourite romantic movies ever.
This is romantic realism, if there is such a thing.
Watching this movie feels like being doused with cold water,
but then being held to the sunshine after.

Yes, a lot of real life isn't romantic, and a lot of the romantic stuff or fluff we see or read or believe will never ever be true for us. but! there are still exceptions to the rule. And though being smart means you understand that you're probably the rule, perhaps living happily means you still hope despite odds that you can be the exception.


one of the best stand-up-for-women scenes in a romantic movie!



and then we have this satisfying ending for this pair in the movie (:



and here Gigi wraps it all up happily for us 💜

No comments: