Monday, July 24, 2017

While watching fan reaction and discussion videos of BTS,
I found out that the organ piece played by Suga in their Blood, Sweat and Tears music video,
was the piece played by the character Pistorius in the book Demian by Herman Hesse.
(Which means Suga portrays Pistorius in the book is it!
-- and now I have to re-analyse everything again hahaaaa)



It made me gasp. The detail, ohmygoodnessssss.

We all know a lot of the WINGS album was based on this book (which I read last year in preparation for their album release), but to discover little precious gems like this littered so subtly throughout their work is one of the joys of being a fan. Seriously, this fantastic layered artistry, wins me over more than anything else.

It reminds me of Lymond. It's the mark of good art, isn't it! It's like, yes, you've read/seen/heard it once, but you're nowhere near done understanding the depth of this piece of work.

No comments: