Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I've been mulling over this wonderful quote recently, and thinking how lovely it is.

If you have a choice to be right or to be compassionate; choose being compassionate over being right. When you are compassionate, you are always right.


Shaykh Muhammad Bin Yahya





I recently re-read the famous article by Dorothy Sayers, The Lost Tools of Learning, because I've started on Mortimer Adler's How to Read A Book. And I keep wishing I had all the time in the world just to sit and study and be with books, and knowledge. I'm not really complaining, honest; I think my job is good most days. But my dream situation would be me with my books in a tower, and me surfacing to do therapy on a maximum of two or three clients a day. Haha! Because even with my kids, I like having the time to analyse cases.

But I suppose that would be quite selfish. Hummmm.

No comments: