Sunday, April 20, 2014

too exhausted to write!

though I do have something I was thinking about on the way home tonight...



Is it okay to have biases? Or is it the dangerous slippery slope to being discriminatory and prejudiced? Is bias in fact equivalent to prejudice?

bias: 
a particular tendency or inclination, especially one that prevents unprejudiced consideration of question; prejudice.

But don't we all have biases? For instance, I have realised I have a clear bias for people who read. I realise I value their opinions more. Does that make me a bigot against people who don't read? Does that make me a snob?

:O
bigot:
a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creedbelief, or opinion.


Define intolerant.


I think this is a topic that needs a revisit at another time.

No comments: