Monday, October 31, 2011

Weekend, where have you gone! D: I barely rested.

Today, I thought of Atticus Finch from To Kill A Mockingbird. Scout asked him why he was defending a black man against the wishes of the town, and he simply said, "You have to live with yourself, before you live with anyone else."

I pray that I don't become someone I dislike.

On something else lovely:

‘Aisha raḍyAllāhu ‘anha and the Prophet ṣallallāhu ‘alayhi wa sallam would use code language with each other denoting their love. She asked the Prophet ṣallallāhu ‘alayhi wa sallam how he would describe his love for her. The Prophet Muhammad answered, saying: “Like a strong binding knot.” The more you tug, the stronger it gets, in other words.
Every so often ‘Aisha would playfully ask, “How is the knot?” The Prophet ṣallallāhu ‘alayhi wa sallam would answer, “As strong as the first day (you asked).”

<3

I can dream, no?

2 comments:

Shweta said...

"I hope I don't turn into someone I dislike". Amen to that.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.