Monday, November 08, 2010

Today was a wonderful day (it was sayyidat liqa' at our place -- food and company were awesome as usual) and tonight was an interesting night. Met up with Eunice and her cousin Michelle, who was nice enough to give me tips on speech therapy, being all the-expert, and offering to mentor me somewhat. I ended up feeling a mixture of nervousness and hope at the same time. I don't know; weird combination -- but I am determined to remain genki about this. ganbarimasu!

Aside from the mildly-serious aspect of that dinner appointment, Eunice (thank YOU) spoke of this blog that has a dude called Mark, reading Harry Potter for the first time and reviewing every chapter as he goes along. I checked out the place, and he is one funny guy, really. I love his over-dramatic responses! Makes me laugh like nothing has in a while (because of dearth of JE and Arashi videos ever since youtube and JE started collaboratively preventing fans from sharing JE love, the idiots -- but I digress). And the most awesome, awesome, awesome thing about this -- he basically documents his fall into being an HP fan and it's making me nostalgic and giddy and like god this is why I love HP don't you see. It is pretty much impossible not to like HP, and people should go take a look at this blog if they truly want to have an idea what the big deal about Harry is. The movie does the story very, very, very, very little justice.

My love affair with this book continues. I tried to find something to hate or mock or take the piss out of in this chapter. It was incredibly hard. Why is this? I wondered if my exposure to such a garbage series for 8-9 months of my life (i.e. Twilight) made everything else seem that much better. But this shit is pretty magical and I'm 26 years old. I don't know if you're aware, but that basically makes me a senior citizen on the Internet.

And here, he is only five chapters into the first book, okay. awesommeeezzz. 

Someone should do this for Lymond too.

No comments: