Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Today I started randomly thinking about whether it is wrong to want things. And then I felt strange to have even thought in such a manner, haha.  Because I felt like all I was doing was praying for me to have things or to succeed in things and it feels... selfish. :( Who says I deserve any of the wonderful things that I've already had in my life anyway? And still I want some more? D: I feel disgusted.

Nowadays, I tend to accompany my prayers with If it please You, because I don't want to feel like an ungrateful wretched thing. D:

Also, I saw this nice quote from the APEX mentor comments card -- that made me feel a little better.

Seek knowledge, because seeking it for the sake of Allah is worship. And knowing it makes you more God-fearing; and searching for it is jihad, teaching it to those who do not know is charity, reviewing and learning it more is like tasbeeh.

~ Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah rahimahullah

No comments: