Tuesday, July 07, 2009

I went to Times at Tampines1 today; bought Malcolm Gladwell's Outliers: The Story of Success and Jodi Picoult's Keeping Faith. I also saw Cassandra Claire's (I shall forever spell it with an i, CC, no matter how you try to run away from your previous pen name, just because I always have) City of Glass on the shelf! (In case you don't know, this person wrote the fanfiction Draco Trilogy that I have harped on about many times. She is now a published writer.) I think it's the first time I've seen her book in Singapore... I am kind of curious about it but I feel no inclination to work through all three books and the fact that the famous Twilight author, Stephenie Meyers, gives her praises on the book cover puts me off rather than motivates me. :P I also went to Action City and bought something cute - fake bread!!! It has a weird caramel scent that is supposed to be the smell of bread (I honestly don't get it) and I bought two - one for Elsie (haha!) and a bigger one for Kaktiyah (because she's getting married soon and I wanted to give some sort of a farewell gift - @.@ I hope she doesn't read this before she gets it!).

And I just realised I have too many things in parentheses in the paragraph above. Bah. :P

I've decided that Tampines1 has become my favourite mall in recent times, despite the lack of halal food places and despite its history of collapsing ceilings and the H1N1 case. It's big and doesn't have as many people, unlike Tampines Mall next door which is seriously abominably crowded on weekends. It has two of my favourite stores in the basement: Yamakawa Super which sells all kinds of yummy Japanese food products, and Urban Write which sells awesome stationery and knick-knacks. It also has UNIQLO, from which I haven't purchased anything but have been planning to for a while now. It has J.Co. which, believe it or not, is the only donut shop in the entire Tampines shopping hub! We had everything but donuts before Tampines1 arrived. And of course, everything is within walking distance from home. :) Did I say before how I shall never live anywhere else but Tampines? (If possible, of course.)

My Arashi love has increased over the past few days; I thought it had reached high enough levels. But time and again, I just have to concede that their member love just wins hands down, over all of JE groups ever. Or any other boyband that I know of. This friendship thing that they have just sells so well and is so surprisingly inspiring. It fills me with a warm glow. :) I've seen quite a bit of SMAP now (thanks to my sister whose love for Kimura kind of exploded ever since she watched Love Generation) and even Arashi beats SMAP. Defintely. I was also telling Duckie the other day, how trying to choose a favourite Arashi member is like trying to decide which HP book I like best. Everyone's just so special in their own way - gah; it's virtually impossible.

I realise I have a really soft spot for quirky people. The weirder they are, the more I'd like them. Like Ohno! Gosh, the way this man stones, even during Arashi's shows, just cracks me up. He rarely speaks and when he does, he says weird random things that are just funny. And he does unusual things like playing with clay to make African faces and goes fishing for more than 24 hours at a stretch. But he's undoubtedly the best singer in Arashi, and some say the best dancer as well. Maybe it's my bias speaking, but I feel that geniuses are rarely ever normal anyway. The quirky people, in my view, are quirky precisely because they have some very novel and interesting way of looking at the world and dismissing them would be a great remiss.

---

I keep feeling like I'm falling in love with Arashi ALL OVER AGAIN.

Omgosh, if that isn't true love, I don't know what is. Haha. XD

Can I find someone in real life who makes me feel like this HAHAHAHA. Not that Arashi aren't real, but, you know. Unattainable. XD

No comments: