Friday, July 10, 2009

I went to meet one of my professors today, to settle my FYP. And after hours of waiting (because I'd come in the morning like he said but he wasn't free till the afternoon and I agreed to wait) I finally knocked on his glass door and opened it. And HAHA, my eyes almost fell out of its sockets in shock. Of course, it took me a second to pretend like nothing was wrong as he pleasantly asked me to wait again.

His office is a superb mess. Seriously. SERIOUSLY. I'd never seen any room as messy except in the movies. There was not quite enough space for me to stand, even, because there were papers everywhere. There were several crumpled charts on the floor, two swivel chairs haphazardly thrown in the middle of the room, with unopened letters on them, the guest sofa was similarly littered with objects and unidentified documents and I didn't know if I could move them in order to sit. So I moved to the corner next to the door which was blessedly uncluttered and started to scrutinise the poster of cell regulation pathways as I waited for him to finish discussing with his graduate student.

I ended up standing there for a good half hour and during that time, I started to observe the rest of his room because my god, I kept wondering, Why is it so messy??? I mean, I am by no means a neat person. My bedroom is testimony to this. But even I couldn't fathom why pieces of rubbish and papers and charts and starhub bills are all over the floor! I wanted to laugh out loud, really. Did he just move into this office? But no, his starhub bills (it clearly had his name on it) proved otherwise. Was he searching for something - like a crucial formula for a split second experimental decision? Was he robbed? That could explain how everything seemed to be thrown around the room but that didnt explain why someone had quite clearly vandalised one of the desks with a red marker. I couldn't explain it. XD The only conclusion I could come up with: he's one of those genius within chaos types.

Anyway, at least he was nice enough and I think I'm closer to getting my FYP settled. :D

Going out for lunch tonight!

No comments: