Wednesday, April 08, 2009

I've been meaning to say how much I love my friends. Then this coincidentally (or not) came along via post yesterday:

(okay, I can't seem to rotate this image, maybe you can tilt your head to read. :P)

Duck sent me another set of Arashi vids to watch as an early birthday present! I was so happy when I got home last night and saw the familiar puffy package that normally comes from her. I actually did a hoppity-twirly sort of dance. SO HAPPY. (I love you, and thank you!) I really love snail mail.

And yes, I spent some of last night watching hilarious Arashi stuff. Was laughing so hard!!! I love the kindergarten GnoArashi episode. XD CRACKED ME UP TO NO END. And eeeeeeeps!!! So many episodes of Tokyo Friend Park!!!

I <3 my friends.

I was thinking the other day about that phrase A friend in need is a friend indeed. I'd always wondered about it before. And earlier, I supposed it meant that, when you help a friend, you can only look forward to help in return, and that's how friendship blossoms. I suppose that's true. But more recently I've realised you can look at it a different way. Some people, and I categorise myself in this group, don't ever, ever, ask for help, unless truly desperate. And even then, they ask a select people. And so when they ask for help, it is from a friend. And not just any friend either; it's a friend they know they can trust. So, when someone comes up to me and sincerely asks for help, I get it now why I feel like it's impossible to refuse. Because you know people don't just ask anyone for help. When someone asks for your help, that's when someone looks at you as a true friend. And if you don't recognise that, damn, I say.

No comments: