Friday, February 27, 2009

I had a nice heart-to-heart lunch with Jean today. <3 Missed her. We've always been this way; we don't meet for ages but then when we meet up, it's like we never parted. I realise that there isn't just one person in the world you can connect with, although you may favour someone. There are many. And that's what's great. It makes all my friends special.

And then when I was walking home, a fire engine zoomed by, and I remembered that I hadn't switched off the rice cooker when I left home that morning. It was on 'Heat'. And immediately, my kancheong-ness took over. @_@ I rushed forward to see which direction the fire engine took, and it turned right into Tampines Avenue 5 and panic bells went off in my head. I was like, "It can't be, right!" I mean, it's one thing to leave the stove on. It's different when you keep your rice heated in the cooker. The rice can't possibly catch fire from over-heating, right!!! But I was still kancheong. And as I approached home, I kept sniffing the air for any smell of smoke. And my heart was like thudding and doing crazy leaps as I turned corners on the way home, and I kept praying that what I was imagining wasn't really happening. I thought of all the crazy consequences of my flat catching fire and one of my biggest concerns was my dearest laptop :P which contains precious work and trivia. And of course my parents doing everything short of outright killing me. And my brother dismayed at his damaged PS3. Haha.

But when my flat was finally in sight, there was nothing of course. (^-^") And when I got home, the first thing I did was switch off the rice cooker. Phew. I am a nut.

No comments: