Wednesday, November 19, 2008

WARNING: 'TWILIGHT' BASHING.

I just have to add my two-cents to all of this Twilight talk. :P (Although I shouldn't even be spending a second doing anything other than my last protein review or study. As usual, I am guilty.)

For some reason, I've been coming across a lot of Twilight bashing. You know, that supposed best-selling trilogy by Stephanie Meyers (Did I get the name right?) about some love story between a vampire and a girl? Apparently, you either love the story or you hate it with a vengeance. And I'm seeing more of the latter from my credible sources. (Sources! hah! what am I, a PI? XD)

I haven't personally read the book, although my sister has, and according to her, aside from the rather exciting beginning, it is the sappiest thing on earth. Worse than the staring between Max and Liz in Roswell Season 1. (AND THAT WAS BAD, OKAY. The sappy quota of Max/Liz is quite unparalleled.) Okay, whatever. I don't like passing judgment on something I haven't examined for myself... but hearsay has put me off reading this book. Now the greatly anticipated movie adaptation is about to be released in theatres everywhere. And the hate just increased, I think. :P

This is funny. They're from xcry's LJ here.



I didn't know there were people who were so nuts. To wish for a Jap version?!?!?! Haha. Please, no, Yamapi.



No words. -_________________- To equate Twilight (or anything else) to HP must be blasphemy. And I think this is what most people are annoyed with. You have some fans who go, "Twilight is so amazing! Edward is amazing! YOU HAVE TO READ IT." And then Twilight turns out to be more hype than substance and it's an insult to HP, hello.

You know, MAYBE Twilight is a nice read, on its own. And maybe it is a very good book... FOR KIDS AND TEENS. Just don't go comparing it to HP (of all things!), which was a story loved by all ages, and claim its greatness even to waaay experienced readers and adults who've seen the same vampire-human epic love plot recycled one million times in popular media and fanfiction. -_- Keep Twilight to its rightful status as teen-love-story novel, then maybe the hate will stop.

Doesn't this just remind you of the whole High School Musical phenomenon? Most people don't get why that was so great either.

No comments: