Friday, November 14, 2008

I don't know for sure, but I think my obsession over DT Draco and Harry during a large part of my teen years affected me forever. I've been rewatching Tantei Gakuen Q on DVD lately, and the Kyuu-Ryuu relationship, like I've mentioned before, invokes feelings and affection I thought I'd reserved for the Draco-Harry friendship in DT. Eeeep. I love Harry and Draco, and I love Kyuu and Ryuu. It's that close male friendship thing that just gets me somehow. But not just between any two random boys. Between two very smart ones... who are both equally good in many ways, such that they're almost more rivals than friends, but then they're still tight friends! Nyeeeeah. How do I describe it to you. :S



Here's a fanart banner for the famous but controversial fanfiction Draco Trilogy, quoted from The Times as a "gem of such superlative quality that it enhances one's appreciation of the [Harry Potter series]". It was written by Cassandra Claire/Clare (whose LJ I hounded for years, haha), who was once a Big Name Fan of the Harry Potter fandom, and is now a rather big-shot writer (apparently her first YA fiction trilogy got onto the NY Times Bestsellers List!). Not bad. She's made it in the literary world despite all the accusations of plagiarism. Maybe I should overcome my old grudge against her and read her book anyways. Just to see how it is. --> Here's Cassandra Claire on Wiki.

Tantei Gakuen Q! A drama about kids training to be detectives and their friendship. :) LOVE IT.



Of course, Tantei Gakuen isn't just great cause of Kyuu and Ryuu, but cause the entire team of Class Q is adorable to the max!!! I love them. Objectively though, having watched the second time round, their acting is quite stilted at times (they're still kids, I suppose!) except for Shida Mirai who acts as Megu (the only girl on the team). I think she's the best of the lot.


And here's Kyuu and Ryuu in a squabble in the episode I just rewatched this afternoon. Ryuu tells Kyuu, "Let me go!" But Kyuu says, "I won't let you go!" Ah, love Kyuu and his pure heart. Basically, Ryuu has a dark past and wants to run away from everyone because of it, but Kyuu being Kyuu wants everyone to work and stay together. <3

No comments: