Saturday, November 01, 2008

Oh dear. Where did October go. I've been getting lazier and lazier to update this place. I'm having a horrible sluggish phase or stg.

1) Met up with Lin a week ago, spent a few hours at starbucks chatting (we talked a lot, a lot!) and on the way back to Buona Vista MRT, guess what -- I bumped into Mr Darren Lai!!! (Didn't I say before how Buona Vista is the place to bump into old acquaintances?!) He was like, "Oh no, I know you, but I can't remember your name..." Haha. No surprise. He used to mix me up with Shafia anyway, I think, cause our names start out similarly. We chatted for a bit. He said how he didn't like RJ much anymore because Raffles has started to feel like a company instead of a school (I AGREE.) with all the through-train business and everyone being in the same place. He asked where and what my classmates were doing and I offered him what little I know. He says hi to all S03D people. So, any So3D people reading this, Mr Lai says hi!!!

It's strange how Mr Lai is the tutor I remember best from JC. Or maybe not so strange. Because I sucked in chem. And Mr Lai was chem tutor and therefore I had much reason to be wary of him. Wahah. Although he wasn't scary as a person really. But I just remember feeling really, really, really horrible about my chem grade everytime, more so because Mr Lai would look disappointed in people like me and not because we're dumb but because we're lazy and don't do tutorials. And I can't stand disappointing nice people. Ahak. And I also remember playing congkak with Mr Lai and his baby daughter during racial harmony in J1, at the old campus. Somehow, those times seem really nice now.

Like they say, there ain't no easy day, except yesterday.

2) I was going to be emo here, but then I realise I don't want to be emo in front of people anymore, so I shall desist. :P

3) BEWARE, MUCH RAVING AHEAD: I have a crazy, crazy girl crush on Horikita Maki. Nyaaaaah. I adore her so muchmuchmuch!

She is an awesome, awesome young actress. And she has this amazing androgynous appeal - she can act like a boy like WOW. @_@ The above image is from the movie 'Tokyo Shounen' which I watched last night (thanks to express delivery from Duckie in London! :D) and which would have been rather unwatchable without Maki. Her character's split personality transitions from guy to girl were impressive; she didn't need any physical gestures; it was all in her eyes. Her face would freeze up and her eyes would glaze over and harden, and the innocent, carefree girl Maki acted as would turn into a creepily mean guy in a few seconds. It's quite amazing. The guy-Maki was rude and haughty and had a gangster-ish, male gait. Somehow, Maki has the actions of a guy down pat. Speaking of which, Hana Kimi totally wouldn't be half the success it was without Maki as Ashiya Mizuki, no matter the rest of the harem of good-looking boys from Osaka Gakuen. Maki striked gold with her 'boy' roles.

Also, it doesn't help that, in real life, she is the sweetest, most demure, respectable, and adorably quirky girl in jap showbiz. If I were a guy, that's it, man. Haha.

4) Dr Heli Kinky drawings :P. Hehehehe. They're too cute and funny not to share. Credits to the people at Baidu. Basically, this is Yamapi's character from Code Blue. Love how the hair has all the standing ends. Heee.


5) 2 more weeks to the end of sem!!! Don't know to feel scared or happy. Ahah.

No comments: