Friday, October 03, 2008

SELAMAT HARI RAYA!!! :)

I should probably be putting up raya pics (close to 300 from the first day itself, I tell you! *LE GASP!* oh, the hazards of the digital camera era.) but since when have I done what I should be doing? Just thinking of putting up the photos here, waiting for blogger to upload it and all, already makes me impatient. So. When I have the mood to put up some pretty here, then I will.

But now. I am feeling a little happy and a little high because for the first time in a long, long time, all birds (a.k.a my friends) are in attendance for an msn convo, reminiscent of old secondary school days. It is a wonderful feeling. :D and as usual, crazy conversations abound. Times like this, I feel like I've never grown up, and I never will.

I had a good day today. Because my second driving lesson went well. And am looking forward to more driving. And Eunice and me had a crack of a time coming up with the theory that girls may be known to love romance and sappiness, but the ultimate truth of it all is that, guys are the true saps. Really. Just think about it. Do you have a father/brother/friend/boyfriend who secretly loves Cecilia Ahern novels, sobs over the tragedy of Jack and Rose from Titanic or listens to sappy ballads on repeat before they sleep? Come on, I know you know a guy like that. And if you think harder, which gender has been churning out sappy love poetry throughout history? Men, of course. Female poets rarely wax lyrical about the eyes of their paramours being like stars in the heavens or comparing their lovers to flowers or the moon or other splendours of nature. I mean, just look at Sylvia Plath and her scary and morbid themes. Most of the time, men are the ones going on and on and ooooonnnn about how I can't live without you and you are the sunlight in my universe etc.

And ladies just look on in wonder and go, oh, okay. *blink blink*

This just so corroborates my theory that men are also extremely needy. Ahak. But I shall stop here before I ramble endlessly and inadvertently offend the opposite sex further. Not that I have ever consciously acknowledged the fact that I may have non-female readers. Hm.

No comments: