Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Next friday is a-coming closer and closer and a corner of my mind is already starting to freak out about my research presentation. It's only like 5 minutes long, but I have an incredible phobia of public speaking and envision nightmare situations where I start blubbering incoherently or blanking out or something like that. Gah. It's true what they say: there is nothing to fear but fear itself.

I am absolutely loving kamika's blog. She's such a random nutsy person who writes great funny stuff about JE and everything under the sun. And I have a feeling if I actually knew her in person, we'd be awesome buddies. She posted something about Neil Patrick Harris too! NPH is such an entertainer. And I think I really, really should go and continue watching How I Met Your Mother again. I want to see Barney antics again! Or Supes episode 16. Or Code Blue. Or Maou. Or Pride. Or My Boss, My Hero.

@_@ I realise I have a backlog of tv shows I want to watch but have yet to! nyah!!! I can't believe I'm actually working so much that I can't get to watch my shows. This is amazing.

Afidah keeps saying I should become a press secretary ever since I wrote supposedly great and diplomatic answers for her interview questions. And I cannot, I think, receive compliments about my writing. Because it will make me go into crisis mode again about what I'm actually pursuing (science, not languages). This is like the don't-know-what-time-th situation where someone has said to me, 'You have a gift for being lucid in your writing!" and by god, yes, if someone can find me a job where I can write and crap, my favourite pasttime, then tell me! I will willingly crap for you.

Seriously, man. This drives me nuts, it does. Or maybe. I can be a medical writer. I don't know.

No comments: