Thursday, January 24, 2008

I will occasionally have phases of watching youtube videos about religion and Islam. That was how I discovered Ahmad Deedat, the South African Muslim preacher who debated in comparative religion. And yes, I devoured those. Eheh. They are so gripping. So anyway, these videos, if you ever actually bother watching religion-related videos you'll know this, will always have many many many comments. Like 1593 comments, for instance. And it's full of slander and curses and open ridicule. It is just horrifying and disgusting. But I read them anyway because... quite honestly, they are addictive. I just get really riled up and feel like strangling some of them. And it is also amazing how ignorant some people are. Amazing.

Like apparently, the typical American thinks every Muslim man will marry four women. DUDE. How dumb. Some are even worse - they think Muslims hate women??? WHAT THE HELL. A million of them just say things in complete and utter ignorance, it is truly jaw-dropping. If they just truly truly bothered to find out about Islam, they'd know that Islam was the first to properly accord respect and status to women WAAAAAAY before any institution ever did. HAIYOH. Ignorance is humanity's disease.

And my god. Rasulullah did marry a nine-year old girl, who had matured. Not a kid. NOT A KID, y'all. This means she had reached puberty. She eventually became his favourite and most beloved wife and most famous female Islamic scholar. This beautiful relationship between the Prophet and his favourite wife is no basis for an accusation of pedophilism, astaghfirllah. Seriously. I just want to cekik these people.

I know there's not much point lamenting all this here because the poor souls who say such horrible things are over at youtube. But if I were to post there, no matter how polite and decent my rebuttal, they'd just reply incoherently with numerous fucks and shits and assholes. So I just have to let it all here. Sigh. Unbelievable.

No comments: