Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I bought Wuthering Heights the movie and The Godfather today.

I was ready to dub Heathcliff the most irredeemable villainous character to grace the fictional world (worse than Voldemort because I think Tom Riddle would have turned out different with more hugs and blankets), but then... I watched Ralph Fiennes play Heathcliff in the 1992 movie version. And I succumbed! Such a pretty angry man. One can't help but want to sympathise, despite the evils of Heathcliff.

But seriously though. It's not just cause Ralph Fiennes is the finest Heathcliff. Once I finished reading and opted an objective stance, I realised Wuthering Heights is one of those extremely painful stories with no clear villain, though now I feel inclined to heap the blame on Catherine Senior. And everyone's just so pitiful.

I understand why it's a classic. Love can be such poison.

And I will see what the big deal about Godfather is, tomorrow.

No comments: