Monday, April 09, 2007

freaking out. because yes, that time of the year has come around. the horrible exam period.

Little brother has gone off to NS. And by way of saying goodbye, he said, "Jaga Sandy*." And I said, "Jangan asik sms girlfriend aje.**" And that was it. We have that kind of sibling dynamic. We care but we pretend we don't. Of course with my sister, I'm more open. Ocassionally, sisters can declare 'I love you's to each other without much qualm. But brothers? Nyeeah. The my-sibling-is-such-a-pain facade has to be maintained.

Talk of siblings of course reminds me of the winchesters. Dean is the the the bestest big brother on tv ever. :)

I should get on with my evolution work. Doing on the evolution of intelligence. You know, the more I read all these scholarly works, the more I think we humans know close to nothing about our existence. Even these scientists are grappling around, trying to define intelligence in the first place. I tell you: there's a LOOONG way to go to learn it all.

---
*Take care of Sandy (eng). Sandy being a very sentimental soft toy of my brother's. The dumb things we do.

** Don't spend all your time sms-ing your girlfriend (eng). He's probably exasperated with me cause I keep pushing it. But hello, little brother, I am not dumb. I can see, hear and infer. And as a big sister, I make it my business to know. Perhaps only elder siblings can empathise with me when I say I have this need to be protective of my little bro and sis. Besides, I think boys need much much guidance in this matters (but that's a whole other story for a whole other entry).

No comments: