Friday, June 23, 2006


Slughorn's Christmas Party

"I don't think you should be an Auror, Harry," said Luna unexpectedly. Everybody looked at her. "The Aurors are part of the Rotfang Conspiracy, I thought everyone knew that. They're planning to bring down the Ministry of Magic from within using a combination of Dark Magic and gum disease." Harry inhaled half his mead up his nose as he started to laugh. Really, it had been worth bringing Luna just for this.

HBP, chapter 15 , www.artdungeon.net

I really like this scene in HBP. It's hilarious! Luna is mad. Slughorn looks like an escaped Chinese monk here, though. But Art Dungeon rocks nonetheless.

Anyway, watched yesterday's S'pore Idol results. Thank god D'Silva got in. She has one of the best voices so far. But Emilee Kang... not great, in my opinion. Nurul should have gotten it, she was second best after D'Silva. What got me frustrated last night was the wild card choices. Primero and Geraldine got in?! For the low but existent chance that someone who reads this might be offended, I better phrase this as nicely as I can. Those two, cannot sing! At all; beats me how they got this far. The judges gone deaf, maybe? On top of that, they're not likable. Good looks is not the only criteria for likability. One cannot be too full of oneself. One has to have a certain honesty that shines through. One cannot go around on stage with nose in the air acting as though one is already humungous superstar; in other words, one has to be humble. Those two just don't work for me. I thought that the only people who deserved the wild card round was Gayle, Jay and Nurul. And perhaps Norman. The rest of them couldn't sing, I thought. And why wasn't Roslan in??? He could sing! Did no one listen? This voting system is so unfair, really. It really is not a singing competition, it's an idol contest. I mean, just listen to Joakim - put aside his boyish good looks, endearing monkey dance moves and attractive personality, does he deserve to be singing there?

Off that pointless topic, I have to say that this wait for DV (my fanfiction obsession written by author extraordinaire, Cassandra Claire) to end is getting seriously unbearable. It's coming to three years, hello. Just end it already! She takes half a year to post one chapter. -_- I just badly want to know if Ginny's going to take the love potion so that she'll love Seamus and eliminate all chance of ever being with Draco. And I hate Hermione for giving her the love potion.

Going for the Angkor Hospital thing tonight and also paying remainder of cost for Gold Coast trip today. Yayee. Getting excited for the flight. Love SQ.

No comments: