Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I can't help but cringe as I read my very old posts. Too jumpy and cheerful for my taste.

Anyway, was washing dishes last night and started talking to the ants. Spoke to them in arabic, telling them to go back to their homes. Ya ayuhan Naml, Udkuhlu fii masakinikum! Apparently, this line was spoken by one of God's Messengers, Nabi Sulaiman r.a., the one who could talk to animals, a long time ago. His army was passing and he warned the ants to stay away if they didn't want to get trampled on. My dad told me the aforementioned exact line and said that if one was to give that same order to the ants, they would listen, because the story of the ant and Nabi Sulaiman has been passed down through generations of ants.

So I did. But all the ants did was stop and listen and go about their work. Maybe I was saying it wrong. Maybe Singaporean ants speak malay. Or Chinese. Or maybe an animal language only the prophets know. Or maybe Singaporean ants don't know the story, seeing as how Nabi Sulaiman lived where? Middle East?

Anyway, my video editing is working again!

No comments: