Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I see my saying that I'll miss school has evoked a violent response.

It's true that I'll probably idealise the memory... I suppose, when I'm 49 or something, I'll look back and think how I enjoyed myself so much playing Sahabat 1 in Dwidarma and forget the whole other part of drama - the stress of meeting deadlines, and not being able to get people together and cikgu scolding us. Or how much I enjoyed breaks, forgetting that there were the torturous lessons. And recall the times celebrating end of exams but forget the stress of exams. But isn't it better then...? To be able to forget the unhappy things you went through and remember the good things? Then when you're 60, you won't keep thinking your life has majorly sucked. Besides... how can you have happy things happening if there aren't bad ones?

PEARLS are the bane of my existence. Am going down to Darul Ma'wa tomorrow to negotiate CIP hours.

And oh, I found out Leila Bafadhal lives in the UK! A Bafadhal in the UK! IS THIS A SIGN? For me? Haha, I just sent her another email, telling her about the Bafadhals in Singapore and asking her about hers. How interesting. Am quite excited at finding a possible connection with this person. Maybe from some far branch of our ancient family tree. If I were to want to make up my family tree, I'd have to travel quuuiiite a bit, but it'd be damn worthwhile. History is so intriguing.

If my parents were not so narrow-minded about the arts, I might have taken it and studied history. I am so fascinated by it. My arts combination would definitely have History and Literature and Theology. I impulsively picked up my brother's book, Rule of Four, which talks about an ancient text - the Hypnerotomachia. It is so cool. It's a huge puzzle, which broken would reveal unimaginable secrets of the past.

No comments: