Sunday, June 27, 2004

I must be crazy to be online the night before a test. But... it's just a test, isn't it?
Ugh. Sort of finished studying chem but have not practised enough. And frankly, I am sick of looking at anything chem. I just can't wait for the bloody school week to be over!

I keep envisioning the dawning of friday morning. Me going off to school, smiling away, knowing that it would be the LAST test paper, regardless of whether or not I'm fully prepared for math. Me completing the last page of the test paper (that is... if I get to the last page). Me waiting for the teacher to collect my script. Me positively quivering with excitement. Me rushing out of the hall and frantically asking classmates if they would want to go out with me straight away. And even if nobody wanted to, me would still be smiling away, cheeks almost snapping with the force.

Because all I would be concerned with would be to get my hands on Checkmate. On Friday, I'll be heading for Borders straight after the Math paper. I keep seeing that book, sitting on the shelf, on the back of my eyelids. It's just there, ready for me to devour.

The wait for Friday is almost unbearable. In many ways, this is worse than waiting for OotP. For one thing, Checkmate is the LAST book of the Lymond series. Which means all my questions will be answered and the happy ending I'm hoping for will come. Besides that, the book is THERE. If you know what I'm getting at. When you wait for OotP, you know it's not been released and nobody has read it yet. This wait for Checkmate is torturous because the book was released almost 30 years ago in 1975. All I have to do if I were to give heck care to the bloody tests is to march off to Borders and grab the book off that shelf.

However, I seem to care more about my studies than I thought I did. So I can't possibly let myself flunk without an effort to flunk less worse. So Checkmate has to wait.

Mum ordered all to be in bed by 10.30. When was the last time I was in bed that early? Can't recall. But is for my own good, I suppose. Anyway, I feel sleepy.

Less than 12 hours to Chemistry Paper and the beginning of the end.

No comments: