Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Drama is over! My goodness. It was fantastic! It was almost as good as the RG drama in Sec 4! Wait... what am I saying... It's even better!

It's amazing how the audience could oooh and aaaah at points where we didnt expect them to. It really is exhilirating. Imagine having heard a line being said probably a million times over and thinking how boring it sounds but then when it's being said in front of a real life audience, it causes shrieks of laughter. I remember thinking, "Oh my god! They like it!" After I finished my scenes, feeling absolutely relieved but at the same time completely high on adrenaline, I stood behind the curtains to watch. And as each scene unfolded, receiving unexpectedly good responses from the audience, I got really REALLY happy that I started to sing to all the songs that were playing during the scene intervals and even danced a little bit to them. And of course, I wore my silly grin on my face. Thank god it was dark. But really, I never felt happier for drama than at that point behind the curtains.

When it ended and we all stepped out to bow and all that, I started to feel a little bit sad. Because, well, it was over. I am going to miss, no, I'm already missing, drama sessions. I miss the people. I miss Kak Ain and her slightly crazy antics and her nicknaming of cute boys after food or hair or your normal everyday objects. I miss going to the surau and taking my time praying and taking my time walking to ghim moh and meeting aisyah and eating macs till 5.10. I miss wasting the afternoon away chatting to kak filza, yashira, aisyah, yus, nadia and crap, everyone else, till drama started. I miss all the bloopers that could make me laugh like mad. And, oh my god, I'm going to miss eating tom yam flavoured maggi for dinner! I'm going to miss the guys who are most of the time missing because of their training but nonetheless when they're around make things more upbeat. (Recall Rudy and his dance moves and Iylia being so serious (but ahem... the best actor as always) that Yus kept giving me looks and Jau, of course, fooling around... especially with my vcam) I miss having Lt 1 to ourselves. And if I go on writing about what I'll miss, I'll never end, and I am well aware that all good things have to come to an end. Sad as it is.

*

Watched 'The Passion' yesterday on pirated vcd. Very... bloody. Extremely bloody. Bloody... bloody. (Muahahaha... couldn't resist putting that in.) It was an interesting movie. And it would have been very moving if I had been a devout Christian. I'm not saying it wasn't sad to me, by gosh, it was. But the fact that I don't believe everything the story portrays makes it a bit less great than what all the hype made it out to be. So at the end, I was like, "Ok... it's a good movie... but what's so great?" I think this is a movie for Christians. You'll bawl your eyes out for Jesus, and if I'd been Chrisitian, I would have. But the thing is, I'm not. So to me, it was nothing more than a fascinating insight into biblical history. And all that Aramic! Oooh. I had so much fun comparing it with Arabic with my dad.

And oh, Jim Caviezel really looked like Jesus they normally portray in pictures!

*

I have the Dorothy Dunnett Guide now! Sooooooo happy. :) :) :) :) :) :p Now I can understand Lymond better.

No comments: