Saturday, April 24, 2004

Didn't fail bio! Phew. Got 22/40. It could be worse... I could have failed ALL my lecture tests...

The cuckoo clock my family got from Switzerland went cuckoo last week. Everytime it reached the hour, say 8 o'clock, it would emit two extra cuckoos, so that it sounded 10 times. Nuts. And we were trying to figure out went wrong. Mum, Dad, me and brother sat at the dining table having a heated conversation (with bursts of laughter from my bro and me at my dad's silly ideas) about it, the clock hanging on the wall, mocking at us. We had a lot if theories as to what went wrong. Ranging from problems in winding the clock (it is completely non-battery operated!) and the gears being damaged completely. Really, I was completely puzzled by it. It was frustrating. In the end, while dad was fiddling with the hands of the clock, at suggestions from my mother and me to spin them faster so as to catch up with the cuckoos, my dad fixed it. And we went, "What did you do? What did you do?". My dad, being himself, merely gave a "Hah! I'm smarter than all of you, what did you expect look?" And smirked. Which elicited mild screams from me and my mum. Turned out all he had to do was move the hour hand only and not the minute hand. So simple.

Bah.

No comments: