Thursday, January 09, 2003

Alright! Alright! I get the message people! I am updating my blog now... sheesh. It's just that, like I said, when school starts I'll be too busy to write. See...? I was right.

Anyway, I watched Smallville yesterday, after a whole month without it (3 of the episodes were replaced with some movie in occasion of New Year etc, and for one of the episodes, I was holidaying in Malaysia.) I just can't help but notice some similarities btw Smallville and the Draco trilogy. I mean... Clark Kent is just like Harry Potter. The really, really good guy, the hero and they're both pining over a girl who's not interested in them. Clark and Lana, and Harry and Cho. hee. Lana doesn't seem all the typical American girl anyway, and that makes her more like Cho. My brother keeps saying Lana has a really unique look... I agree. She's pretty exotic. Then there's Lex Luther - the Draco Malfoy of Smallville. Filthy rich, horrible fathers (hehe... this is uncanny!) and most of all mysterious. You know... the good-but-evil thingy that just defines them... that so attracts most girls. Of course, if only Lex had blonde hair, then that'll be a similarity. heh. But he's bald, and I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I think he has made being bald look good. But anyways, I think Michael Rosenbaum has brown hair, so that's a no-no point. Draco was evil and has become good... Lex is good and will turn evil. That is just soooo sad... now that reminds me of Anakin Skywalker. sigh. Then there's Chloe. Correct me if I'm wrong, but do I see hints that Chloe may have some liking towards Clark? She said certain things in yesterday's episode that suggest that. If so, that'll make her... Ginny!!! hee... I'm so good at this! Then there's Pete. I could say he's Ron, but Ron deserves more credit than that. Pete is sooo extra, he'll turn into pesky Seamus if they don't give him something better to do real soon. Hermione... is not in the picture. hah.. I don't care... I hate her in the trilogy anyways. ;)

Phew... that's enough ranting on about Smallville.

Today was ACE. Ms Leow talked bout conflicts in the class. Of course, the inevitable topic came up - the not enough involvement from the whole class thing again. She kept saying the QUIET people, the QUIET people... she might as well have said "Shamiah, Eunice, Victoria, Diana..." sigh. I know, I know, they were trying to resolve conflict... but the way she said those stuff was aggravating. But Michelle must be one of the nicest "in" people there is. She's right I guess, bout how some people are maybe afraid to get involved, and not that they don't want to. That is just the way the world goes isn't it?? People are different and if everyone were to be so extroverted, then the earth would be too noisy or maybe even chaotic. Being an introvert is not a bad thing. We introverts have fun too. Even much more fun than other extroverts can imagine. Like my guestbook for instance. Who would have thought that three introverted birds can produce so much crap?

But really, people come from different backgrounds. By right, Muslim girls are supposed to be an emblem of modesty and all that... which basically means... no loud shouting, incontrollable behaviour, hysterical laughing and uncouthed(spelling?) manners in general. But you don't see such well-behaved muslim girls much, do you? That's because society changes and so people do. But some people do keep to their beliefs too... so you can't expect everyone to be extroverted can you?

So... our class core values: Respect, Integrity and Love.

My back is aching. Are you people satisfied now? I've written dunno how many words already... buhbye

No comments: