Saturday, May 05, 2018

Yes, this inability for women to be angry is something I can really relate to.
In fact, I have often been accused or looked at funny for being upset about things
that apparently are not directly related to me sometimes.

Men can tell when women are angry, you know. You shouldn't be angry.
This is supposed to be an accepted female wisdom,
and the first time I had to grapple with this as a young woman, I was speechless.
Speechless in the confusion of... what I'm feeling is wrong?

That was before I understood that feelings cannot really be wrong.
Feelings are only signposts to deeper meanings.


But people often fail to see the implications; the domino effect of consequences
from seemingly small 'inane' behaviour that again tells us so much of the core issues;
that typically someone lacks respect for something or someone else.

No comments: