Thursday, May 10, 2018

wednesday night happy vibes


ن ۚ وَالْقَلَمِ وَمَا يَسْطُرُونَ
-- Surah Al-Qalam
Nuun. By the pen and what they write.

This was so wonderful to learn about.
And there is nothing better
than to remember how wonderful the Prophet s.a.w. is.

The most wonderful and most beloved thing in existence.
💗

And then there's this which should be compulsory reading for every day:

لَقَدْ جَآءَكُمْ رَسُولٌ مِنْ أَنْفُسِكُمْ عَزِيزٌ عَلَيْهِ مَاعَنِتُّمْ حَرِيصٌ عَلَيْكُم بِالْمُؤْمِنِينَ رَؤُوفٌ رَحِيمٌ
فإِن تَوَلَّوْا فَقُلْ حَسْبِيَ اللّهُ لآ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ عَلَيْهِ تَوَكَّلْتُ وَهُوَ رَبُّ الْعَرْشِ الْعَظِيمِ
-- Surah At-Tawbah, 128-129
There has indeed come to you a Messenger from among yourselves.
Grievous to him is whatever afflicts you; he is full of concern for you.
And most kind and merciful to the believers.
So, if they turn away, say: "Allah is sufficient for me. There is no God but He.
In Him have I put my trust, and He is the Lord of the Great 'Arsh."



This brings back to mind something that happened very recently, barely a week ago.

I had found my favourite necklace (the one I'd gotten from Japan with the little hanging bird and the lapis lazuli) all crazy knotted up and I was horrified. I couldn't untangle it. I was intermittently whining already, but kept at it for a while. I kept at it while watching some tv, wracking my brains for a solution to this crazy knot on my precious trinket. I'd even gotten a pair of needles to see if I could tease the metal bits apart.

And then in the midst of this minor distress, as I am wont to do, I metaphor-ize: life is kind of like this, isn't it? Life is hard. Things get knotted up in life and it seems impossible. (Not to mention that I'd also seen a Rumi quote about life and knots.) I'd gotten really sad by this point and wondered if I just had to live with a knotted-up necklace. Then I instinctively and almost-unthinkingly prayed on the Prophet s.a.w., and I kid you not: the knot fell apart in my hands like water. I remember releasing an audible gasp of disbelief intermingled with gratitude; like I'd witnessed a miracle, because it felt that way. I didn't even know how I'd done it -- one minute I was holding a needle and trying to poke it through the middle, and the next moment, the knot came apart and was gone.

I just --

It was amazing.

Ya Rasulullah,
I'd let you untie all my knots for me.
May you be foremost in my life
forever.

💚

No comments: