Wednesday, November 15, 2017

there are more important things

Yesterday, I suddenly thought of this, out of the blue, so I dug it up;
it made me feel warmed, motivated.

I'm so glad I discovered and fell in love with this book series in my childhood.


"I might be able to hold Snape off for a while, but I'm no match for him, really."

"But Harry -- what if You-Know-Who's with him?"

"Well -- I was lucky once, wasn't I?" said Harry, pointing at his scar. "I might get lucky again."

Hermione's lip trembled and she suddenly dashed at Harry and threw her arms around him.

"Hermione!"

"Harry -- you're a great wizard, you know."

"I'm not as good as you," said Harry, very embarrassed as she let go of him.

"Me!" said Hermione. "Books! And cleverness! There are more important things -- friendship and bravery and -- oh Harry, be careful!"

-- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, JK Rowling


A bunch of wonderful 11-year-olds, learning early on, what the important things in life are.
And taking them on.
You know, like: if I don't do this, I don't know who will;
Someone's got to do it; okay, I will.

No comments: