Tuesday, September 26, 2017

It seems to be a pattern in recent times, that I'm observing, or more like I've discovered: that emotions drive everything. You might think you're making rational choices or being intellectual, but at the end of the day, what drives most of us is the emotionally-laden basal ganglia.

For instance, just writing on this blog -- as much as I wish it were an intellectual exercise -- is at its basis an emotionally-driven activity. Like, on Friday, I felt a certain way and had a certain post in mind; but then Saturday came and I felt differently and wanted to post something entirely different, and the only thing that differed between the two days was how I felt about a subject matter. And thinking about all of that plus more made me highly despondent/depressed that I didn't blog at all!


Perhaps life and maturity is about rising above our basal ganglias and acting with our prefrontal cortex instead, as posited by Mindsight (that great book I raved about at the start of the year).

Anyway, point form!:

*loving BTS's current album Love Yourself: Her a lot and that's saying something considering how much I loved their previous major album Wings. With Wings, I know I had favourites among the tracks and I didn't love all tracks equally although I did think that each track sounded unique. But this album, ohmegadddd. I have been playing it incessantly on loop now, and I love each track very much (except for one); ohmygosh how are they so awesome.

*in relation to this, awesome youtube comment that validated all of us older and/or nerdier fans:


and like I told E, people should stop comparing BTS to One Direction or what not -- ugh please. It's like comparing Harry Potter with Twilight, stoppit! (or should I say stahb it, hehe)

*had amazing book club meeting this past Sunday with a new member and I am so psyched! :))) We will also have another new member at the next meeting (I'm looking at you, Datin S!) and yay, I am so happy the club is growing positively.

*started watching Peaky Blinders starring Cillian Murphy (because of book club members raving about it on Sunday) -- and my main gripe is how I have not known about this show sooner. I am loving it so far!!! It's full of Lymond vibes, how could I not.

*last but not least.... Japan!!!!!!! Happening in less than two weeks. We are so hyped up about it, North Korea's crazy antics notwithstanding. Allah, please protect us all.

No comments: