Thursday, June 22, 2017

There are some days, more often than I previously thought, when I wish I could find some song, some picture, some poem that can encapsulate all my thoughts, fleeting or pensive, and all my emotions, in their unique combination of both pain and pleasure, happiness and regret, gratitude and guilt. Because all the events of the past days typically accumulate together when I blog -- so which should stand out? which should I tell? when at this precise moment, they are roiling together to form one reflective experience.


*my dad is away in Madinah again to celebrate ramadhan and raya, and I wanted to tell him something before he left but I didn't

*another family friend came back from pilgrimage and told me of the duas she made for me (and for all the others she loved), and I just remember the love that I felt just having her think of me, and having her hug me -- thank You for putting such wonderful souls in my vicinity

*being back at KK a few times this month and realising how much I love my team, now that I am more often than not away from them. oh God, why is it that we frequently don't appreciate what we have till it's gone? and despite my thinking that I'm perhaps a picky, prickly person who doesn't befriend others too well, how is it that I've miraculously accumulated so many amazing people in my life, thank You, God.

*realising that the older I get, the more people I love, Alhamdulillah. what's this about aging being a terrible thing?

*learning to pick my battles, and to accept people who maybe do love me, but can't or refuse to understand me

*Alhamdulillah for being privileged enough to do the work I do; to be excited about the future of my work; to be energized about future projects; to be inspired by the people around me and the children I work with





meeting old friends!



I want to bring this cat home. ): 
but my mum would not have it.





No comments: