Monday, June 26, 2017

eid mubarak!

Mostly, this is what this blog is:

but then, do I really want everyone to know?

It's more like, I hope at least someone somewhere will know.
Someone will find this beautiful, or meaningful, or touching.



A lot of people frequently post happy, amazing things about their lives on mainstream social media. But more often than not, when I come here to blog, it feels like the things that weigh heavy on my heart and mind are the ones that beg to be put on the page instead. And so yes, more often than not, this space has contained my lamentations and pain. Which is why, in general, places like facebook and instagram are not suited to me. I sometimes feel like I have nothing happy to post about (which is patently untrue).

And if this blog were the only representation of me, then you would perhaps think that my life was miserable -- but it isn't. In fact, tonight, we had a cousins meeting to plan our future holidays, and we cracked up so much about a lot of things while we planned. I was having a ball of a time.

But then as I arrive back here in front of the screen, in the quiet of the night, what comes to my mind instead are things that bring tears to my eyes. And I take refuge in this:

حَسْبُنَا اللَّهُ وَنِعْمَ الْوَكِيلُ

For us, Allah is sufficient, and He is the best disposer of affairs.


Eid Mubarak everyone -- I'm still learning how to live life in balance, between hope and fear.

No comments: