Thursday, February 02, 2017

This drama was pitched as a reverse-harem flower-boy drama littered with pretty idols
-- and truth be told, the reason I was mainly compelled to watch this
was on account of my dear V from BTS making his acting debut.

The drama did live up to its promise of delivering fan-service in bucketloads
with all the bromance, and horsing around, and comedy.



But ohmygoodness, all that masked a seriously first-class political plot, which as I think on it, is quite unfair. ): This drama has such a bad rep because of how it was advertised, and I don't think it's being taken seriously. But it should be! The writing isn't bad! The political gambits keep me at the edge of my seat.

I about died from tension this latest episode. The production team made a great choice at least to let more veteran actors Park Seo Joon and Park Hyung Sik take the lead roles, and my gosh, they are superb. Park Seo Joon especially is amazing -- I actually think his acting calibre is probably what's raising my esteem of this show.





(Unfortunately, the romance on the other hand is so lacklustre
I couldn't care less who Ah Ro ends up with.)

But here's BTS V's and Jin's part of the soundtrack,
which is awesome (and I'm probably biased but who cares)

No comments: