Thursday, September 11, 2014

With all the constant talk and reminders from people about what one is supposed to be doing at this age (married, having kids, having a stable job, climbing the corporate ladder etc) -- a reminder from my past self...



"... yesterday's movie night was nice, although I was close to falling asleep at the end of the movie cause I was so tired. The pizza was fantastic, Nerney's flat was beautiful (seriously gorgeous and well-tended greenery) and the projector and screen provided me with my much-missed cinematic experience. And Pleasantville was nice even though I'd watched it more than once before.

I like the bit at the end of the movie, when David's mum complains how she's such a wreck cause she's forty years old and a widow and miserable. How when her husband was still alive they had planned for the perfect car, the perfect house, the perfect life. And how everything's wrong now and it's not supposed to be like this. And David tells her, "It's okay. It's not supposed to be anything."

It's not supposed to be anything. I'm okay, I guess."
-- March 4th, 2007



It's not supposed to be anything! :) I'm still okay, I guess.

No comments: