Thursday, May 29, 2014

Not currently reading Lymond, but found an excellent blog:

It isn’t an easy to series to get into, because within the first pages you encounter that odd sensation of having to really think, just to figure out what’s going on. As Lymond and his Machiavellian schemes unroll with stunning precision, so the reading experience becomes a quest to connect the dots and apply your mind to the riddle of the subtext.

from annacowan




Ah, thinking is exhausting. I have subconsciously created barriers in my mind to demarcate 'dangerous' topics or areas... Like, no, you do not want to think down this route because there lies pain. Or, if you open this corner of your mind you will be lost for at least an hour. I think also have a Lymond store room, which if anything is a lovable, confusing, interesting mess of a room I often visit but stare at in loving exasperation. How do I figure you out, you great story, you.

No comments: