Sunday, May 25, 2014

For someone who claims to be the more introspective sort of person, inclined to lonesome-ness and reflection... lately I've been doing everything but, be still and reflective.

It's been hard to get some proper breathing space. I'm not hating on anything -- in fact, it's been good. Weekdays that fly by with work and project planning (we're going Medan again soon -- yayness), and busy weekends and busy social/family life. One of the Datins complains how I'm like a socialite. But there's some part of me that craves proper solitude. Like real, just walking, and staying by myself solitude.

I am wondering if this makes me a strange woman, person.

Honestly, right now, I'm looking forward to the lonely nights in the hotel in Medan. To soak in a hot tub and stay quiet and uninterrupted. And just think.

1 comment:

atiqah said...

I crave solitude a lot of the time! I don't think it's strange, and I think people who don't crave it are the strange ones, really.

-iqa