Sunday, April 06, 2014

I should have a favourite line of the week from my days in the clinic. This past week (before I caught my first flu bug this year from my germ-infested kiddies -- dang, it was a good flu-free stretch I was having), my favourite comes from one of my long-time clients (wah, I can have long-time clients already -- how long have I been doing therapy again?) who was struggling to string a request and ended up saying:

"May I... giraffe?"

I totally just laughed, so cute! Mummy also laughed with me. Both of us wanted her to say something other than her standard "I want ____" which she is too good at already; she started off well with her "May I..." and then she paused and stared at me with her great, big eyes. I could see her searching for the words but then she just heck care, and said the important word -- giraffe! -- for the giraffe puzzle piece I was withholding. At least she knows how to be functional, hehe.

Oh it's work, and mostly I don't want so much work, but some kiddies are wonderful to have.

No comments: