Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I met up with a friend (acquaintance? when does a friend become defined as one? this topic is fit for another post, so I shall stop digressing) yesterday.

She made me think about some things. Like the fact that it is really a brave and awesome thing, to fight against one's ego, one's lower emotions, and stick to what is noble and true. You become truly beautiful by it. Because it is always far too easy to cower, to flee, or to rage -- and even if you did, people would go, Oh well, no wonder, such-and-such happened, duh! But if you give up your right to be hurt or angry or upset, you become something so wonderful and so inspiring.

And you wonder why more people don't do it. Be this kind of beauty.


---



Reading Checkmate turns me into a complete... sap, for lack of better word.

I have decided there is honestly nothing more romantic and heart-rending than what is in Checkmate. Thank goodness for all the five books previous for their other themes, because this much beautiful romance for all six volumes would have turned my brain into utter mush. I literally have to clutch my chest when I read these bits over -- because so gorgeous, heart-thudding, and sad at the same time.


From the beginning, intuition had told him not to touch her, and intuition had kept him from speech which would define, like a cobweb in dew, the invisible thing that had happened. His love showed itself as the air does, by its infinite space and the life-giving properties of its presence. 

No comments: