Saturday, August 31, 2013

I fight sleepiness on a precious Friday night

My brain is low on juice, after a work-and-fun-filled day, and cannot construct prose, so point form it shall be!

* Met up with my ST classmates tonight! Professional battery recharge. (:

* Spent a large part of the day contemplating how real contentment can only come from a total reliance on God over men (no matter how such wonderful persons may exist in your life -- both an abundance and a lack of this is a test).

* Having a good-looking kid with language or cognitive issues is more heart-breaking than a not-so-good-looking kid with language or cognitive issues -- I tell you, physical beauty has an effect on you no matter how much you try.

* "So, are you pregnant?" is becoming a typical conversation/topic starter among some girlfriends, and I quell the effects of this time warp on my mental and emotional system.

* How subtle is the difference between pride and dignity, acceptance and resignation -- or is there any difference?

* The irony of hope is that it opens you up to despair. So where should I be on this spectrum of hope? To hope but not later despair seems like an impossible task.

* I am feeling ambivalent about The Mortal Instruments. Most of the time, I don't care about the characters, but there's just that little bit there that keeps me reading a little more instead of chucking it aside entirely. And wonders -- it has made me laugh a few times.

* ISNA is selling Shaykh Hamza's DVD lecture on Shakespeare and Islam, previously given at the Globe Theatre, London, in 2004. Awesome subject matter but I am unable to find this anywhere online; currently desperate to get my ears on this.

from a separate, much-loved lecture: one of the bits that I never forget! (:






1.20 am and it still feels too soon to sleep on a Friday night.

No comments: