Monday, October 22, 2012

Met up with T and D and we played The Game of Life!


Aren't we already playing the game of life?

Well, yes, but we can't reset that, can we?


Duck was being an ultra career-minded female -- no family card in sight. And she kept exclaiming, "Where is the degree card!!! I want to get my degree!"

Eventually, she gave up waiting for the degree and became a pop star after auditioning to become a part of Arashi in Japan. (The game is hilarious because it actually involves you having to make up a story to fit the card you play.) Duck also had a midlife crisis (and swapped her hand of cards with mine) after which she took a ride on the world's tallest rollercoaster, something totally uncharacteristic of her.


I won the game! 
Mostly due to Turk's insistence on discarding all her wedding cards and thereby losing out. -.-
I started out working as a stunt double (playing a female hobbit opposite Bilbo Baggins), and lived with my exotic pets, a polar bear and a shark. I had nice adventures like finding a message in a bottle from a blond dude, and swimming with dolphins. Later, I attained a degree and switched jobs to become an exotic pet vet! haha, how insane is that. Then I had an underwater wedding with my exotic pets in attendance, and bought three separate houses: an igloo, a lighthouse and a beach house, plus a private jet to travel between all of them. On top of that, 6 kids! and managing to find Big Foot in Alaska with my husband.

Hah! If only real life was as simple yet exciting as a game of cards.

---

For some reason, I started reminiscing on old bollywood songs tonight. 


One of the many many old bollywood songs that evoke such strong nostalgia in me. Errr, bollywood was probably my earliest fandom? haha. Between 8 - 12 years old, I recall coming home from school to my granny's place, switching on Malaysia's TV2 after homework, and watching an insane amount of hindi movies. 

It's in the bloooooooood, as we like to say.

3 comments:

turkey said...

I don't see how I could possibly have lost when I was a JET PILOT and owned a CASTLE and a RANCH and a GIRAFFE and a LION and WENT TO THE MOON and had all sorts of other adventures.

To reiterate, I WENT TO THE MOON, i.e. TRAVELLED TO SPACE. SPACE! How is such a feat not deserving of a victory!

D said...

Did you manage to come back to the Earth from space?

Shamiah said...

You travelled to space but rejected an offer for a parachute wedding. THAT is why you lost. How awesome is a parachute wedding, please.