Saturday, October 20, 2012

I think I've found my favourite korean drama pairing! OHCRAPZ. This will only mean heartache.

SPOILERS for Nice Guy.



I'll ship them so hard, but I know how terrible kdramas generally are with their endings, and either one or both of them will die or at least turn blind or maimed in some way. UGGGGHHHH. As it is, we know Maru's brain condition is a ticking bomb, and he's going to collapse and die if he doesn't do anything about those damn headaches. And Eun Gi will regain her memory and think he doesn't love her because he's being with her for revenge against the stepmum a.k.a. company-president-usurper-snake-devil-incarnate (complicated much?!?!?!). Then Eun Gi will be heartbroken and tell him to leave, only to realise after he's dead that he did love her. AH CRAP. If that's how it eventually turns out, I will hunt down and slap the drama writers, and myself, for investing time and emotion in this story and loving Maru/EunGi.

Anyway, I realise that really, I haven't truly loved a kdrama pairing! This might be the real first. Usually, sure, I think kdramas have got romance down pat and pairings are generally adorable and chemistry-laden. But I think it's cause I actually love each of the actors separately and independently and you bring their acting chops together and then, lo and behold, there are wonderful sparks! That now, I love them independently and together, and it's bringing a shipper-feeling I thought I had completely lost.

No comments: