Sunday, June 10, 2012

I tried to hold out against this. But I can't anymore, so I confess -- I love Big Bang to pieces now. And I know I'm starting to annoy my sis with my sudden spurt of love and obsession. I can't believe just how so so so awesome they are. A boy band that is actually really talented. For a long time, I've always thought they were different and their songs tended to be amazing (I have posted sporadically about them over the past few years, haven't I?); but I held out against the Kpop wave and all, you know, because more often these K-artists are just shiny veneers. But THIS; these five guys who are each so freaking talented and then they actually combine forces to work at something so unique and addictive. I never thought there'd come a day I'd appreciate rap, but my god, when it's love, there's no explanation.

I mean, I still love Arashi and all, but you'd never hear me bragging what great musicians they are. Haha, JW and I even joked that we've kind of put aside the music - acknowledging that the music is not the point - because the boys are just so entertaining.

Big Bang is a different league and story. They have made me appreciate this music of theirs that I am now so insanely addicted to, I worry for my health and iman. But really though, excellence in any field is always a sight to behold.



And here's GD, my favourite of the lot because he's the creative genius behind the music. He's so surprisingly normal and endearing in person compared to his intense persona when he's doing his music, I melt. There's a fascinating gap between his performing self and his real self. Here he talks about how he usually writes music (the show asks guests to come and show off their talents as part of the programme, it's a bit nutty):



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drama seh, worry about your iman, hahaha. - Tiki.

Shamiah said...

haha betul kan. You can't sing Jibe Gajima too many times and not think it doesn't affect your soul. XD

Duck said...

I noticed NEWS isn't even mentioned in this post...? :S

Shamiah said...

I was actually aware of that. But Pi really broke my heart when he left, and I haven't had the desire to look at anything even related to him or NEWS since then. :((( Maybe I'll catch up with NEWS in the future.

JW said...

Hahahahaa!! Nice to have a new obsession. Ahhh I need one too! For some reason I've never been able to get into another male group since Arashi but I keep on having all those mild obsessions with female groups instead -_-

Shamiah said...

While Arashi has that unbelievable dynamic going between them that makes their banter so entertaining, Big Bang has the wonderful musical talents mixed into a magical concoction, really. Sometimes I think I dream their music; obsession danger.