Friday, April 13, 2012

Yay, 1 week down. :) And it was way better than I envisioned so far. I also have a language therapy session to plan for next week, and am actually feeling quite psyched for it!

I love Fridays. I hope it's going to become a pattern that the work week ends on a positive note. To commemorate a happy Friday, this I saw recently, hehe:



---

On a separate note, I've started on a korean drama. (You know this is going to be a fangirling section!) I've been able to catch it on my phone too while on squeezy train journeys. It's last year's historical period piece called The Princess' Man, and it has hooked me in since the first episode.

It's so heart-wrenching and like, I keep thinking, fate, why you so cruel!!! As is typical of the korean drama containing coincidences and entanglements a'la Bollywood style, a group of young people all related in some way to the workings of the royal governance, start to develop a jagazillion conflicts with each other once they start stepping into the arena of adult reality and politics. When they're young, relationships, friendships and also romances, bud and bloom in innocence and then later it all gets shattered, when politics and adult loyalties creep into their lives. :( I felt like bawling.

I just finished watching this bit, where our hero protagonist tells his best friend: "Don't worry, let's ignore the complicated world of our fathers." And you know it's like the last time they're going to be on the same uncomplicated side before everything falls apart, :'( cause his best friend is already feeling torn inside by his father telling him that they're planning a political move against his best friend's family and they're planning his marriage to the girl his friend secretly loves! Like WHAT THE FRAK! WHY YOU SO EVIL WORLD. Please don't make his best friend evil! I really really like him so far. SO poor thing, and you can tell he thinks the girl is awesome too so how can he help but feel affection for her. And he can't bring himself to tell his best friend anyway, because our hero and heroine who are secretly in love and kept apart by evil fate belong to a Rome and Juliet situation because of their Montague-Capulet level family/political feud. OMG, I have a feeling that if they don't make the best friend evil, they'll make him die at some point! :'(

And yes, the female lead has grown on me; I love her. This always indicates a good sign that a drama will remain lovable for me.

On top of the evil politics, there's a freaking love PENTAGON, I swear. K-dramas usually have at least a rectangle. When really, come on, love can be complicated enough when it's just two people, please; but apparently the korean drama writers don't seem to think it's quite as exciting.

 

No comments: