Sunday, April 08, 2012

Occasionally, I come across a blogger who, dang it, sounds like me that I am positive I know her somehow, haha, but she is one of those who gives zero access to her identity -- so, that really, I actually have no idea. This person likes Lymond and J-dramas and the Draco Trilogy (omgz!), and it made my brain go into weird overdrive wondering if her LJ username sounds the least bit familiar. Or maybe it's a common thing to like all those three separate things at once?

Anyway, I have decided that I need to read Dorothy Sayers' Lord Peter Wimsey series, because of the supposed parallels between Lymond and Lord Peter.

Oh Lymond, how you have destroyed me, you have no idea.



And the same blogger reflected on Draco from the trilogy: (this cracked me up!)

I feel old. I used to love this stuff and eat it up with a spoon but now I feel attacked by overzealous adjectives - it's so busy. It makes it feel overheated. One doesn't have to be a follower of uber-terse Mr. Hemingway but it feels as if a thesaurus exploded in there. Moreover, probably because I am a decade older, Draco is not angsty and supercool any more - I just want him to. stop. talking.

Yeah, yeah, your evil abusive father has poisoned you so you are dying, the world is about to be destroyed, and your love life resembles a hexagon or an episode of Passions. But can you stop overemoting all over the place? Stoicism and quiet are admirable traits but I am not even daring to hope for those - I just want a break in the non-stop stream of overwrought emo - doesn't it get tiring to be in constant cosmic anguish?

He is ridiculously high-maintenance and I have low tolerance for that, and my tolerance gets lower and lower as I get older. Either he or CC's Harry make awful boyfriends. I think by the end I only like Ginny, and I think that is mainly because she forced it out of Draco that he lurves her forever and ever as his souuuuuuumate, had sex with him, and then ditched in the morning because they both have way more growing up and therapy and ducttape on Draco's mouth to do before they hook up for good. That is about the only sensible thing anyone ever did in that entire trilogy. 

2 comments:

eunice said...

Time to graduate to HPMOR. Hahahaha.

Shamiah said...

Yes yes. :P Don't worry, I am reading it; just not rushing through it seeing as how it isn't completed anyway.